Gorilla Trekking Congo, Rwanda & Uganda Tips: Car Rental Congo.
On 1st April 2021, the Virunga National Park congo was officially opened for travelers to start enjoying the most lovely safari activities of Gorilla trekking & Massive Climbing of Nyiragongo Volcano in Eastern Kivu of Congo. the re-opening of the Virunga following the reopening of Kahuzi biega in August 2020 has made car rental congo update clients to be observed when on gorilla trekking in Congo and the same rules apply even in Rwanda and Uganda where extra gorilla watching can be enjoyed.
While planning to track the Gorillas, one is advised to book the gorilla permits prior to travel. The Congo gorilla permits for both lowland and Mountain Gorillas costs ($400) per person and these national parks may be visited anytime in the year.
However, Gorilla trekking has some rules and regulations in Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park to be followed during post covid 19 gorilla watching, and these include:
- Measurement of the Body Temperature
- Showing the PCR, passport.
- Gorilla trekking can only take place between 8 am and 7 pm.
- The minimum age to track is 15 years
- You are allowed to spend only one hour with the gorillas
- A maximum of 8 people is allowed to track a specific group of gorillas per day.
- You are advised to stay 5 to 7 meters away from the gorillas.
- Carry waterproof & warm gears for the cool conditions within the mountains since it sometimes gets wet within the forest and comfortable walking shoes are of great advantage.
- Smoking and snacking is not advised during tracking
- Avoid littering within the forest and keep the trash to yourself
- Always remain calm– Avoid direct eye contact in case the gorilla charges and stay calm until it moves away.
- Toilet manners: A ranger will be willing to dig a hole for you and after make sure it’s fully covered.