Guide to the Border crossing in Africa, Car Rental in Africa: Self drive Africa.
Car Rental Congo a reliable car hire company that offers self-drive trips in Africa on one-way car rental, Car Rental with a driver that comes with border crossing. we have designed this page to guide you when preparing a self-drive to Africa that includes border crossing.
Facts about Africa;
Africa, the second largest continent (after Asia), covering about one-fifth of the total land surface of Earth. The continent is bounded on the west by the Atlantic Ocean, on the north by the Mediterranean Sea, on the east by the Red Sea and the Indian Ocean, and on the south by the mingling waters of the Atlantic and Indian oceans.
The Continent has 54 states which are found in Northern Africa, Southern Africa, Western Africa, Central Africa, and Eastern Africa with different tourist attractions that include wildlife animals ( Big five ) & primate-like gorillas, Bobonos, chimpanzee, and others.
Tourism is booming in southern Africa countries like South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique & Eastern African countries like Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi yet in central African countries its only DR congo that is trying to make it although there are still insecurities that make it hard for self-drive safaris so for that reason we recommend guided safari to explore Central African state.
why select Africa for Safaris;
Africa is a continent like no other with diversity and richness in a culture that will have any curious traveler turn into an excited storyteller as if seeing something beyond this planet. In fact, despite being the oldest inhabited continent on Earth today, Africa is still home to less-traveled and exotic destinations, with majestic wildlife, crystal blue lakes with pearly white sands, amazing flora, and unyielding mountains within its borders. See Tanzania Safaris, Rwanda Safaris, Madagascar Safaris, Kenya Safaris each with a unique experience.
Self-drive Safari or Guided Africa Tour.
If you’re planning a Self-drive trip to Africa or a guided Africa Safari tour, why not center it around one of the many incredible festivals and events taking place across the continent? There are hundreds to choose from, so to help you narrow down your options, here are the top events and festivals you can experience while in Africa. These festivals all return on an annual basis so if you miss it this year, you’ve always got next year to return and forge even more memories.
- Zanzibar International Film Festival mostly in July ( Tanzania)
- Aké Arts and Books Festival in October ( Nigeria)
- Nairobi Restaurant Week in Late February to early March ( Kenya)
- Great Wildebeest River Crossing in June – July ( Kenya & Tanzania)
- Fruit Bat Migration in October to December (Zambia)
- Uganda Martyrs in June ( Uganda)
- Kwita Izina ( Rwanda)
You can select an African safari time to visit depending on the event that you wanna start with for a great expedition in Africa’s tropical rainforests.
In Africa we shall grade that there are countries which are hard to be crossed too and those which are ease according to our experience in the travel industry, In all south African states we request that you apply for the visas in Advance the same to Central African countries like DR Congo, Chad, Central Africa & others.
But when it comes to east Africa, we advise you to apply for a single visa for East African tourist visa that is always valid for 3 months, it will take you to Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, South Sudan.Except for Tanzania that requires its visa to be applied independently.
Traveling internationally with a vehicle involves plenty of documentation and requirements change from one country to the next. Wherever you go, you will need a valid passport and if relevant, a visa. You will need a valid driver’s license, and possibly an International Driving Permit (IDP).
Original vehicle registration and license papers (or certified copies) will certainly be required. If you’re driving your own vehicle and it’s financed, you will need a certified letter from the bank giving you permission to take it abroad.
If it is a rented car from Car rental congo, we shall provide similar documentation to ease cross-border travel with the SUV fleets or Saloon Cars ( most recommended feet is the 4×4 car rentals for Africa). Overland Safaris give you the opportunity to see more of the countries you’re traveling through, and to stop wherever you want to. They also allow you the freedom of exploring with your own vehicle.
Personal Key Documents
- Passport with enough blank pages and is valid for the next 6 months
- Yellow fever certificate
- Passport photos
- Birth Certificate
Travel Tips for Border Crossings
- Remember that African border crossings are usually busy and almost always chaotic. Allow plenty of time to get through immigration before the border post closes for the night.
- Try to remain polite and helpful at all times. Immigration officers are notorious for making the process more difficult mostly in Central African countries and northern Africa than it has to be or applying arbitrary charges for travelers that offend them.
- If you’re renting a car, double-check that the vehicle registration, VIN, engine and chassis numbers match the documents you’ve been given. You will also need to know where these numbers appear on the car in case you’re asked to show the immigration officer.
- If your chosen destination requires an International Driving Permit, be aware that you will need to apply for this in your home country.
- Expect to pay several fees at the border. This usually includes a Temporary Import Permit, while several countries require you to purchase insurance from a third-party company with an office at the border post. Try to research the correct fees in advance so that you aren’t taken advantage of.
- Certified copies should be certified by a Commissioner of Oaths. You can usually get this done at a police station.
Africa Border Experiences
- Crossing Lusaka to Livingstone
- Crossing Livingstone to Harare Zimbabwe
- Crossing The Border from Arusha to Nairobi
- Crossing Borders Zimbabwe to Mozambique
- Crossing Borders from Nairobi, Kenya to Kampala, Uganda
Travelers planning to visit Kenya from Uganda are advised to use either two Points that is Busia, & malaba Borers.
- Crossing Borders from Kampala to Kigali
Travelers planning to cross from Kampala Uganda to Rwanda are available to use either the three legal border points like Cyanika, Katuna, and Mirama hills.
- Crossing border from Rwanda Gisenyi to DR congo
- Crossing border from DR Congo Kinshasa to Congo Brazzaville
- Crossing border from Angola to DR congo
- Crossing border Tanzania to Mutukula Uganda.
- Crossing border Malawi to Mozambique
It’s a simple one, but it’s certainly one of the top things to remember when navigating an international border crossing. Not having a pen on you in order to fill out any visa paperwork is a classic mistake that could leave floundering at a border and wasting valuable time.
The laws, traffic conditions, and absolutely everything we write about on this site are constantly changing. We, therefore, offer the information on this website without any representation, guarantee, or warranty as to the correctness, merchantability, or suitability for ANY purpose. We will accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions, or for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, suffered as a result of anything you may find on this website.