COVID-19 Updates: DR Congo, Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya & Tanzania.
DR Congo, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya are ”open’’ again and anxiously waiting to welcome you with a big smile and an elbow bump!
Starting on the 1st of November, Madagascar is open for overseas tourists again and primate Safaris will resume again!
We encourage you to book and explore this magnificent continent now more than ever when it’s green again as it has been closed for over 7 months now. The people need it, wildlife protection is under pressure due to lack of income from tourism, and having such iconic parks as the Kahuzi Biega, Virunga National Park, Bwindi & Serengeti to yourself is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Good to know that lodges offer great discount prices and you will have the parks to yourself. Moreover, it will be very easy to apply social distancing over-here, when going on a self-drive safari and camping in the bush. Do we need to say more?
Read below about the latest COVID updates and practicalities and our no-risk payment terms.
Central Africa :
The Democratic Republic of Congo. Since 15th August 2020, the Democratic Republic of congo opened its space for all tourist activities in the congo.
East Africa managed to curb the spread of the coronavirus and the number of cases and deaths is far lower than those in Europe, Asia, or the Americas, as shown in the WHO map below.
Finally! After months of strict lockdown, Uganda opened its borders and airport again on 1 October, and airlines have relaunched their flights to Entebbe!
- When arriving by plane, you need to show a negative COVID test, not older than 72 hours (3 days).
- If you enter Uganda overland, you do need to show a negative COVID test.
Since the 15th of June, Tanzania has opened its airspace again and travelers from overseas don’t have to go in quarantine. Also, the lodges, campsites, and national parks are open and Roadtrip Tanzania is back to business. We have received several clients from Germany, France, Hungary, the US, and South Africa and are having more bookings for the upcoming period, for which we are very happy. Roadtrippers who have been, rave about the abundance of wildlife and the privilege of having such iconic parks as the Serengeti and the Crater to themselves.
- When you arrive by plane, you don’t need to show a negative COVID test, but your temperature will be measured.
- If you enter Tanzania overland, crossing the border from Kenya, you do need to show a negative COVID test.
- You are advised to wear a face mask in public places ( supermarkets, government buildings), but it is not mandatory.
Since the 1st of August, Kenya has opened its airspace again and travelers from overseas don’t have to go in quarantine. Lodges, campsites, and national parks are open.
- When you arrive by plane, you need to show a negative COVID test, not older than 72 hours (3 days).
- If you enter Kenya overland, crossing the border from Tanzania, you also need to show a negative COVID test.
- If you are traveling in a car with a group of friends/ travel mates, the car can only have 50% occupancy ( so 2 adults can sit in a 4 seater), and you have to wear face masks.
- If you are traveling with your household ( partner/ kids), the occupancy rate and face mask rule when driving the vehicle do not apply.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory when entering public spaces like supermarkets and government buildings. When eating in a restaurant/lodge or sitting on a terrace, this is not needed.
Car Rental Congo flexible booking and payment terms
To minimize your risk, we have very flexible payment terms. We accept cash payment on arrival and online payments by credit card or bank transfer are only due 1 week before the departure date. In the rare situation that you paid, and all of a sudden you are not able to enter your road trip destination due to changed COVID regulations, you can reschedule your trip up to one year after your original travel date.